Sunday, July 1, 2012

Chamber Music Festival

In about a week I will be heading to Long Island Post University for Long Island Post Chamber Music Festival. It will be a great experience with tons of chamber music repertoire. For those interested here is what I was assigned:

Hummel- Septet No. 2 "Military"
Dvorak- Piano Quartet No. 2 in E flat
Farrenc- Piano Quintet No. 1 in A minor
Brahms- Piano Quartet No. 1 in G minor
Schubert- Fantasie in F minor for four-hand piano

I will be there from July 7-27. The festival consists of daily chamber music practices/coachings with faculty and weekly instrumental masterclasses. I will attend performance at LIU presented by faculty of the festival and guest artists. I will also enter in the concerto competition with the first movement from Mendelssohn's Second Piano Concerto. I'm so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment