Friday, January 28, 2011

Audition No. 2: University of Michigan: School of Music, Theatre, and Dance

Second audition--check! Today I auditioned at the Univeristy of Michgan (UM) School of Music, Theatre, and Dance. It is located in Ann Arbor Michigan. I had the priviledge to spend most of the day with my awesome friend, Natalie Horn, who was also auditioning for piano performance. We became friends when we both went to the 2009 and 2010 Indiana Univeristy's Piano Academy. It was great to see her again, and I think it eased my nerves a bit :) Here's an outline of what I did:

    Thursday
  • 6:30 PM- Left for Michigan, with my wonderful father
  • 10:30- Arrived at a motel to sleep for the night
     Friday
  • 8:30 AM- Breakfast at Big Boy
  • 9:30- Registration
  • 10:00- Information Session
  • 12:45 PM- Audition
  • 1:45- Lunch at Panda Express at UM
Details on Audition:

The audition went okay. I started off with Bach and got to play through the prelude. Then they asked me to play Brahms Rhapsody No. 1 and I played about have of it. Next, I played the first half of the first movment of my Haydn sonata. Lastly, I played throught the entire Chopin Etude. I'm not quite sure why I feel a little bad about my audition (probably because I didn't get to play any of the Kennan preludes), but I know I did the best I could do. In the end that's all that matters.

Next audition is on next Saturday at Kent State Univeristy.

No comments:

Post a Comment